Reduce the Legal and Security Risks of Unlicensed Software Use
Did you know that if your business is infected with malware due to unlicensed software it can cost you more than $10,000 per infected computer? That’s not including profit lost during down time and any potential legal actions.
At BSA, we create awareness among business leaders and their employees about the benefits of licensed software use and the legal, financial, and cyber risks of unlicensed software. We do this by informing companies like yours about illegal software found in their computer systems.
BSA helps to overcome the challenges companies face when unlicensed software is found. Our services are designed to decrease customer and system exposure to malware attacks, mitigate profit loss, and prevent legal action against your business.
5 Steps to follow after receiving a BSA letter or email from @bsassi.org
If you received one of our letters, here’s what you can do to mitigate these risks and ensure your business and software is protected:
- Evaluate your software management system.
- Ensure software assets are legitimate, licensed, and up-to-date.
- Contact the BSA representative listed on your letter/email directly to understand your risks and determine the next steps to become compliant.
- If you did not receive a call back or do not have contact information for a BSA representative, please find an authorized reseller in your region to legalize your software.
- Once you’ve purchased your licenses, complete and submit the form below.
*Please note that you may be contacted by BSA in association with another engagement.